Monday, October 26, 2015

Bookshelf quilt

There are times when what should be a simple finish just drags on. Tiny mistakes, fabric shortage and just that lack of will power to sit and complete made my book shelf quilt a long drawn out affair. Finally I have it all done and have exciting words to quilt on it. Maybe some favourite quotes and since it is meant for a Harry Potter fan something from those books too. That is if I can find enough pins to baste it!! Another hurdle looming up as all my pins are in another quilt that has been basted but not quilted.
 Anyway here is my quilt top for ALYOF.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish! It looks lovely. I have finally decided to make a book shelf quilt for my daughter as well...hopefully in 2016. I have gone through and written the titles/authors of most all of the fiction books she has read (or we read to her) from a baby through college (we homeschooled so I have lists!) Yours turned out so great, I'm getting excited to start on one. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda. I followed a tute by Moda Bake and it was fairly easy to piece. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make one of these for my teacher daughter...it would be perfect in her classroom! Thanks for the reminder and congratulations on meeting your ALYOF goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do it . I had fun doing the piecing but have let the quilting get a bit out of hand. Feel like writing the name of all the books I have read

      Delete
  4. This is splendid. I think I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice quilt, my finish for October also had a book theme. Congratulation on finishing this top for October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really Edith. Let me check what you have done.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete