Saturday, January 9, 2016

Oh my goodness

I have to admit that a promise made publicly seems to prod me more into action than most other things. I suppose that it is true for most people as there are quite a few link ups for finishes every year. Last year ALYOF helped me stay the course for so many of my projects. I was feeling a bit lost to know that they no longer were sponsoring it but relief is always there. OMG or One Monthly Goal is filling the void. So here is my goal for the month and I especially need it as I have not sewn a thing since the start of the year.
DH decided to get the sewing room painted as it was growing literally because of water seeping into the walls from the water tank which was directly above and so he came home with a brush and couple of cans of paint on the last day of the year. Did I tell you he is a die-hard  DIY. And like Tom Sawyer he had me roped in from the word 'go'. The first room to be played around with was my sewing room and once that was done it seemed the natural thing to do the other rooms too. So I am yet to sew a single stitch! Oh and to add to my woes I chopped off the tip of my forefinger on my right hand. A kitchen accident!
I really need then to set a goal and achieve it this month for fear that I may get into the habit of not sewing! God forbid! I am working on a quilt for my sis. It has been on the cards for two years and she has been reminding me of it in so many different ways. It needed some 300 plus circles to be readied for applique and I managed to do it in the last week of December. So this month I will hopefully get the appliques sewn to the background squares. I would like the quilt top ready but that might be too ambitious considering there is still half the house to be painted. Here is a picture of the appliques!

6 comments:

  1. Oh some pretty fabrics there. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those are special fabrics. Chose them for their typical India motifs for a homesick sister!

      Delete
  2. Yes, those fabrics are great! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are motivating us this year Heidi

      Delete
  3. Love applique, can't wait to see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete